A major piece of your brand identity is your logo. Your logo should express who you are, what you stand for and most importantly, you should be proud of it. We work with a lot of clients who are just starting out in business and they always ask us how should they brand themselves and where they should place their logo. This is a very good question! Let’s walk through the process of getting a logo created and then what to do with that logo.
- Getting a Logo Made: many businesses turn to an agency or an online portal to get their logo created. Our biased opinion would be to use an agency, like Centipede Digital. The reason we are not a fan of some the less expensive online portals is that your logo is not usually unique to you and doesn’t actually have meaning behind it. We have run into many local business owners in Allen, who have said that they got their logo done online and that they are less than satisfied. We remind them that they got what they paid for. If you do wind up going this route, then it is important that you ask questions… can you provide me with an elongated and stacked version of the chosen logo? Can you provide me with the source files for the logo? Can you provide me with multiple colorways and background colors? What program do you use to create a logo?
- Logo Made…Now What? Congrats a logo has been made and you are ready to move to the next steps.
First things first, get your logo sized appropriately for social sizes (common social sizing is below).
Facebook Profile: 180px x 180px
Instagram Profile: 110px x 110px
Twitter Profile: 400px x 400px
Snapchat Profile: 45px x 45px
YouTube Profile: 100px x 100px
3. Ensure you place your logo on your website. Ensuring that it doesn’t look wonky — it’s not stretched out, too large, too small, etc.
4. Get those business cards made with your new logo proudly displayed on them.
5. Get sales and marketing collateral printed with the logo on them (i.e. letterhead, brochures, etc.)
6. Think promotional items. Don’t go overboard right out of the gate! Think smart when it comes to getting promotional items with your logo on them. At Centipede Digital, we are huge fans of branded pens just because we can always use a pen at the office, plus clients are always asking if they can borrow a pen during a meeting. T-Shirt and uniforms aren’t a bad idea either — you, your team and your family could be walking billboards for your brand!
Your logo is important to your brand message and identity, don’t just let it sit around and collect dust. Have fun with it and start spreading your brand around.